g Little Warriors: A day of Stars - Sumonk

Little Warriors

Lighting the lamp of Hope....
Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A day of Stars - Sumonk

The words are simply not enough to express the joy and fun Kids had and saying a simple "Thanks" will not suffice any amount of gratitude for the event organized by Taj Westend.

The Kids had a wonderful time from beginning till end. The Bus Journey was simply superb. For them it was like going from Jammu to Kanyakumari. Just those few minutes kids enjoyed the travel to the planetarium. The motivation and inspiration, Anu, my good friend and a volunteer from Taj Westend, had provided the kids to play Anthakshari game of Songs is memorable. Along with Jaggu's (another volunteer from Taj) coordination in handling the kids was simply exemplary.

Kids had a warm welcome from all the Taj staff at Planetarium and kids did not feel alien interacting with anyone.



The welcome drinks and the chocolate bonanza was a great treat to begin with. I had to stand in line to get the chocolates too.

The timing was very perfect, and well planned. All the staff of Taj, with their warm hearts full of love have showered the kids with so much care, that they have all become their Favorite Uncles and Aunties.

The questions from the kids, as we were touring the hall ways, where there are photographs of greatest discoveries in the space science, about the galaxies far away, the black holes, the star births, explosions happening in different parts of universe, were making me a little nervous too. They think I am a genius of all, for them what matters is answers, for Why, How and What. I have pretty much read whatever notes was available under the photographs. Infact that inspired me to start picking up a book on Space Science and educate myself a little more.
The knowledge they got in terms of attending the show was absolutely outstanding, Now they talk about different aspects of astronomy., Their observation of sky has expanded beyond the horizon. They are looking for deeper answers and this event triggered their thought process into a different dimension. Who knows, This event might inspire some kids to become another Newton, or a Galileo or an Einstein.




After the, event, we all rushed into the park. Kids were anxiously waiting for this moment. The gush of energy would definitely by 3G, to take them off the planet Earth into their own spaces of fun and fantasy. The time every one spent playing in the garden lifted spirits of not only kids, but the viewers passing by.
The little round train was a big hit along with the Swing, See-saw and the Koko game organized by the staff. Girls just loved it and the boys were off the shackles, liberated into the glory of freedom.



The lunch was immaculate, simply superb. On the lawns of planetarium, the way food came to the kids hopping over the hands of every Taj Soul, is a perfect example of symphony, filled with music from everyone's heart. The Soul food, filled with love, joy and smiles from everyone who organized the event filled the hearts.

The food was great and Kids have thoroughly enjoyed every morsel of rice. The ice cream was a real surprise for them and it couldn't have gotten any better, on a sunny afternoon like that.


The best part was after serving the food to the kids. By that time, My heart was full serving the kids along with Taj staff. I was in no mood to really eat. I was contended to see the little ones carefully enjoy every bite. But the calls from the kids "Uncle, come and Join us", kept echoing in the air. Those calls could not stop me, especially the chain of hands that kids formed after their lunch knocked me and other volunteers down.
"Uncle, we will serve u, u please sit down" said Manoj and everyone else joined his voice
They made me sit down for the lunch, one served water, the other lots of food in my plate and by the middle of the meal, I had atleast 5 glasses of water around me and kids lined up around to serve me. The friends from Taj also received the same treatment and their hearts filled up with love from Kids.

After the food, well just spread out in the lawn, I was kind of dozing off, the nice cool breeze and warm Sun, under the trees, perfect time for a nice nap. But I would not be allowed to do that, with the little warriors around always with full of energy, especially charged with the food from Taj, there was no way I could rest. But the kids, did understand me and let me lie down for a few minutes. During this time the little Hansa, did not want my head to lie on the ground, so she offered me her lap to lie on and her tender fingers trying to stop my hair flying off along with the breeze.

The little Prema Jyothi dared to sneak my coolers and in a few moments, the coolers were off flying around and hoping over cute noses of these kids, each of them posing like a Johny Depp or Charlize Therone. They enjoyed wearing my glasses and they knew exactly how to handle them.

Then came the most difficult task for me, the kids wanted me to play Long Jump. Imagine the weight I have to lift after the nice meal, but, NO Exceptions. I had to and they want to. It was lot of fun running a long track and jumping over the sand and not caring to fall, on the cool sand, just kicking my sleep impulses to the maximum. I would not get up from the sand, but these little creatures knew how to get me out, just tickle me.

The smiles of Taj have broadened all our cheeks, to spread happiness a little more. The gifts selectively chosen for the kids are a treasure forever.
Kids will never forget this warm treat from the Stars in the Hoteling industry, as long as the planets and stars exist.

Special Thanks to Anu, for making this happen and coordinating the whole event, and not to forget the planning from Rajani and Naresh, and one and all who came forward to spare their valuable time, for a Divine event.

Also a very special thanks to the HR Manager of Taj, who came down to shower his love and commitment.

God bless every caring soul and looking forward to more philanthropic and generous educational and recreational events to uplift the needy in the society.

The little stars walked slowly from the Abode of Stars and planets into the Bus, Thanking Uncles and Aunties from the Star Hotel.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Looks like the kids had a great day. Hats off to you bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home